Ray T. Khirallah Jr. has tried injury cases to verdict throughout the state and has developed specific expertise in handling severe and catastrophic injuries in diverse venues. He has secured multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements in oil-field, 18-wheeler, and premises liability cases throughout Texas.
Ray is frequently asked to be a speaker on trial issues at Texas State Bar CLE courses, including the Advanced Personal Injury seminar, the Damages in Civil Litigation and products liability seminars. Ray recently moved back home to Dallas to join Hamilton Wingo, LLP after practicing for several years in South Texas. Ray is originally from Dallas and worked as journalist and high school teacher for five years before attending law school in Boston.
Ray’s recent verdicts and successes include:
- $1 million verdict in Dallas County on a wreck involving a construction van and a small SUV resulting in hip and back injuries.
- $3 million settlement for an oilfield worker who suffered back and knee injuries in a multi-fatality wreck involving an over-turned tractor trailer.
- $2.8 million settlement in a premises case involving an oil field injury. The case was tried for two weeks and settled before closing arguments.
- Substantial jury verdict in a premises liability case involving a patron injured by a falling speaker at a city-owned venue.
- Confidential seven-figure settlement in a premises liability case involving a hotel patron who suffered multiple facial fractures after tripping over a light.
- Confidential settlement for a restaurant patron who fell over an unprotected ledge in the parking lot of a restaurant and broke his elbow and ankle.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D.
- University of Dallas, B.A.
- Auto and Transportation Injuries
- Oil-Field Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Workplace Injuries
- Medical Malpractice
- Dangerous Products
- Texas State Bar
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
Publications and Presentations:
- The Use and Abuse of Rule 202 Petitions in Texas Trial Courts, Advanced Evidence and Discovery, Texas Bar CLE, April 6, 2018, Dallas, Texas.
- Digging for Dirt: Freedom of Information Act, Open Records Request and 911 Calls, February 15, 2018, TTLA: Big Cases in the Big Easy: Commercial Vehicles and Workplace Injuries, New Orleans, LA.
- Wage and Hour Litigation, 12th Annual Soaking Up Some CLE, A South Texas Litigation Course, Texas Bar CLE, May 18-19, 2017, South Padre Island, Texas.
- Combining Video and Live Testimony to Effectively Present Damages, 9th Annual Damages in Civil Litigation Course, Texas Bar CLE, February 16-17, 2017, Houston, Texas.
- The Open and Obvious Conundrum in Premises Liability Cases, Cameron County Young Lawyers Association, September 9, 2016, Brownsville, Texas.
- How to Present a Premises Liability Case so the Jury Doesn’t Blame Your Client, SABA Brown Bag Lunch Series, San Antonio Bar Association, May 19, 2016, San Antonio, Texas.
- Medical Photography: current technology, evolving issues and legal perspectives. The International Journal of Clinical Practice. M. T. Harting, J. DeWees, K.M. Vela, R.T. Khirallah (2015).
- Special Issues in Proportionate Responsibility and RTP, Michael M. Guerra & Ray T. Khirallah Jr., State Bar of Texas 29th Annual Advanced Personal Injury Course; Dallas, 2013; San Antonio, 2014.
- Extrinsic Evidence and the Duty to Defend, Elliott Cooper & Ray T. Khirallah, Jr. 19th Annual Insurance Symposium, Sponsored by Cooper & Scully, P.C., March 30, 2012.
- Health Care Law, Mary Jean Geroulo and Ray Khirallah Jr., SMU Law Review (Winter 2011).
- There and Back Again: The Frank’s Casing Saga. Gordon K. Wright and Ray T. Khirallah Jr., 15th Annual Insurance Symposium, sponsored by Cooper & Scully, March 2008.