Damian Williams is an experienced trial lawyer. As a former Dallas Assistant District Attorney, he worked alongside local law enforcement and represented the State of Texas in felony cases to protect the community from serious crimes.
Damian continues to dedicate himself to helping those without the voice and resources to defend themselves. Having tried more than 50 civil and criminal cases to judges and juries, Damian’s law practice steeps in one main mantra: prepare every case to go to trial.
In 2023, Damian helped lead a Hamilton Wingo trial team to victory with a $1.2 million verdict for the family of a man who died after a violent collision with an 18-wheeler. The case faced many obstacles from the start, including a difficult venue for wrongful death claims, the victim’s advanced age, and his history of traffic tickets. The matter was further complicated by a police report that wrongly blamed the victim for the crash based on an eyewitness report that was proven to be wrong.
Damian was also a key member of the trial team from Hamilton Wingo that won the largest uninsured motorist verdict in Texas and one of the Top 100 trucking accident verdicts in the nation in 2022.
An experienced litigator, Damian has worked on $70 million business disputes in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, and successfully litigated many civil disputes with millions of dollars on the line.
Damian is an active member of the community. He serves as a member of the Board of Directors and current Vice President for the nonprofit Focus on Teens which services the homeless population of DISD and Fort Worth ISD. Damian is a member of the City of Dallas Zoning Board of Adjustment, which is a position appointed by the Dallas City Council. He is a member of the Emerging Leaders in Philanthropy cohort with the Communities Foundation of Texas and a former co-chair of the Lawyers Against Domestic Violence Committee in the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers.
Damian is proficient in representing victims in the following types of personal injury cases, among others:
- 18-Wheeler Collisions
- Premises Liability Matters
- Slip and Falls
- Wrongful Death
- Common Carrier Cases (bus accidents, taxi cases, ride-sharing)
- Automobile Collisions
- Dog Bites
- Gun Shots
Always keeping client goals in mind, Damian, as well as the rest of the team at Hamilton Wingo, brings a thorough approach to advocacy.
- University of Southern California
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
HONORS AND DISTINCTIONS
He has been a member of the American Association for Justice, Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, and various local trial lawyer associations for almost a decade.
- Best Lawyers Under 40, D Magazine (2021-2022)
- Dallas Bar Association (2011-Present)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (2011-2018)
- Co-Chair of Lawyers Against Domestic Violence Committee (2015-2018)
- Dallas Zoning Board of Adjustment, Panel Member (2019)
- Emerging Leaders in Philanthropy, Communities Foundation of Texas (2019)
- Focus on Teens, Vice President and Board Member (2018-Present)
- North Dallas Chamber of Commerce, Education Committee Member (2018-Present)
- Dallas Breakfast Group, Community Leadership Program (2017).